• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new rig ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

Ok, so i'm lookin to build a new multimedia system. Asus A7N8X-X nForce2 400 with an Athlon XP 3000+, which will be overclocked. Also will have two hdds. What's a good host case for a custom water cooling kit? Also, what's a good inline pump? Is the blue block cpu water block worth the cash? I'm new to the water cooling pursuasion and am very open to advice.

Thanks,
David

As for a case for watercooling, you want to look for something that has enough room to either cut a blowhole, or a front of the case 120mm intake. I'd recommend the blowhole, if you don't mind cutting up the case. How much are you willing to spend on the case? The most popular cases overall are Lian-Li, Coolermaster and Antec/Cheiftec/Chenming/etc. A lot of those cases have enough room for the fan mount, I have a Lian-Li PC-65 with a blowhole for the radiator, and it works quite nicely. I've seen a lot of people with Antecs take out the lower HDD rack and put in the fan there.
For the pump, the Ehiem pumps are generally agreed to be the best, but they are also expensive, one is $58 and one is $68. If you want to save a little bit, I've heard the the Hydor pumps are also good, although not as long-lasting and as high quality as the Ehiems.
I haven't heard of the Blue Block CPU waterblock, do you have a link to it? The best all-around performing waterblock is the White Water waterblock, although it is pricey. If you look around that site (dtekcustoms.com) they have a lot of good blocks. I have the TC-4 Rev. 2, which is a pretty good block.
If you want more information, there is a water cooling forum. There's also lots of good information in the cooling stickies. For more information on cases, check out the cases forum.
And...
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

As far as the case I would recomennd the ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS1080AMG or similar. What I really like about Antec cases is that they can take 4 fans stock. Have quick release 5.25 drive bays in the front. They have removable harddrive trays. They perform very well. I am currently using an old version of what I recomended to you. The design is very clean and simple.

www.antec-inc.com
www.newegg.com
http://www.3dcool.com/?module=product&sku=Tornado2500 is a fancier version of it.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back