• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

845PE Max2...bad temp reads?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disorder

note: P4 2.4b running std 133 fsb

Setting motherboard monitor to the recommended winbond2 diode is giving me a nice 46 C so off I go to CompUSA b/c its the closest in search of a front panel temp display. So all the only thing they've got is reading F, but I can convert well enough.

Slide the diode between the heatsink/cpu and its giving me about 28 C.

Here's the question, do I listen to mbm's site even though it seems way off running stock, or the 10 dollar Compusa setup that "seems" right?

One more thing, after playing with my settings in mbm I found that winbond 1 gives me about the same as my front panel temp reading. Safe enough to assume this is a good mb reading?

Disorder

P4 2.4b
MSI 845PE Max2
stable at 3.06, but scared till I figure out my temp issue

Disorder said:
note: P4 2.4b running std 133 fsb

Setting motherboard monitor to the recommended winbond2 diode is giving me a nice 46 C so off I go to CompUSA b/c its the closest in search of a front panel temp display. So all the only thing they've got is reading F, but I can convert well enough.

Slide the diode between the heatsink/cpu and its giving me about 28 C.

Here's the question, do I listen to mbm's site even though it seems way off running stock, or the 10 dollar Compusa setup that "seems" right?

One more thing, after playing with my settings in mbm I found that winbond 1 gives me about the same as my front panel temp reading. Safe enough to assume this is a good mb reading?

Disorder

P4 2.4b
MSI 845PE Max2
stable at 3.06, but scared till I figure out my temp issue

I'm having the same problem with a Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4 B and MSI MS-6566E which is similar.
It's at 113F at idle, even when at stock, the bleepin' thing is as at least roughly as high as my Barton 3000+ when OC'ed!

But Northwoods aren't known to be hot. While many people say that Prescotts get hot easily.

Back