• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a dilema

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssprncvegeta

i just got a p4p800, which was defective so i brought it to the pc store i got it from and they RMA'ed it for me, but then while waiting (and still am) for the mobo to get back, i hear news that my dad could get a new amd computer at 2ghz, free. that's how i got this compaq 1.8ghz willie, which was free too.

questions are:
  1. it might be a barton, or tbred, but what's the PR on a 2ghz AMD on either tbred or barton
  2. i got the p4p800 being RMA'ed and was planning on getting a 2.4c, but since the 2ghz is prolly faster than 2.4c(stock on both)...shud i still get the 2.4c? b/c i AM paying for that
  3. are all barton AMD's at least 333fsb?
  4. if i do return the p4p800, whetever mobo it may be, will it work on a mobo that also supported the 3200+ 400fsb
  5. they reportably lowered the power use of the prescotts, but enough to work on a mobo that was first said to support prescotts? b/c if it CAN i'd definately keep the p4p800
  6. when i heard i could get a 1.8ghz willie(free compaq one) it took 2-3 months just to get it. keep that in mind while answering these questions, i need SOMETHING to play the new games coming out within that time, perhaps HL2(maybe september release?). pc store has my compaq now, the only pc with an AGP, so 9700pro is useless until something happens. i'm tired of this hewlett-packard p3 803mhz, 256mb sdram 133mhz, raddy 7200 32mb pci running winME:(, which was free.
    [/list=1]
    so many questions, so little time.

and ya.....i get a lot of free stuff

Last edited:
1. Barton 2800 is 2.08ghz, 2400 tbred is 2.0ghz, 2600 tbred is 2.08ghz.

2. You can always sell the 2.4c if you're not going to overclock these cpus. The amds will be faster.

3. Yes

4. The amd will work on a 400fsb support mobo.

5. Not sure, this is the amd forum.

6. If you have to wait that long for sure, I'd stay with the pentium. Overclock it!

Back