• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with aero 7+.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven4563

my temps are 48C while just surfing the net at current speed do u think if i got a TT smart fan II the temps would go down more ??

or do u think it would be worth getting a SLK-800 or a SK-7 ???

they might...

i own an aero 7 lite, which is similiar but only has a copper core, with the rest of the hs made from aluminum......and my pally reaches about 44c on full load.....so i sort of expect lower temps from you

those temps seem high, but not something to lose sleep over... what are your ambient temps? and how is your case airflow?

i dont know if it'll be worth it to spend another $25 on a sk7-sf2 combo .... maybe yo ucan try lapping and reseating your hs once more before you try a new heatsink

well ive tired re sitting it about 5 times now

this morning i looked at the bottom off the heatsink and it looks horrible its twisted kinda thing

it wouldnt be worth lapping i dont think as it would take most off the copper away form the bottom do u think i could RMA it to coolermaster

i also have 2 case fans @ front (sucking cool air in) 2 case fans at the back (sucking warm air out) and plus my psu fan

my room temps are not that high id say in low 20's

thanks

well your ambient air sounds fine especially with the room being in the low 20's...

if teh base looks really bad you should contact coolermaster and at least tryto get a replacement ....

it must be really bad to look like it needs a significant amount of lapping to make teh surface flat and smooth......

i wouldnt spend more money on another heatsink. just make sure temps dont go over like 55C. if you dont game muhc or do too many intensive things or get errors or nothing, id just live with it.

just monitor the temps

i dont really want to live with it because im getting a new psu as my comp turns itsself off and my psu is only a cheap eagle 350watt and ive got neon fans and a light in my comp im also planning on overclocking more

Back