• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another thumbs up for the SLK800A / Smart Fan 2 combo :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jt99

Registered
Got my SLK800A / Smart Fan 2 / AS3 setup yesterday from newegg :D

I have an AMD XP2500 that was using stock cooling and usually running in the low 40's at idle and would tip the mid/higher 40's when taxed. This was at stock speeds.

Got my new combo, popped on the AS3 (hasn't even cured yet), using the fan at full speed (a little loud..) and the temps wouldn't even touch 40.

I then oc'd my machine to a 3200+ (200fsb x 11mult.) and the temps won't go past 41 at full load while gaming :D

Time to go even higher!! hehe :p I must say that the clip on the SLK was very easy to manage; I had more trouble getting the clip off of the stock HSF.

Going to install another 120mm in front of my Antec 3700 case along with the rear one that's already there. Just bought a PCI slot cooler as well. It's running pretty cool in there now.

hsfcombo.jpg

Last edited:
Steven4563 said:
thats a nice combo id just like to ask are u using a PNY geforce4 mx ???

nosiree!... I'm using a PNY GeForce4 ti4200 64mb.

I overclocked it pretty high and managed to get 14030 (3dmark2001) max out of it and it was pretty stable with relatively low artifacts. I'd like to try to get it cooler to see how much harder I can push it, but this was with the case open and a huge turbo fan pumping air into the case.

Without very much overclocking on the card and the CPU at 3200, I hit 13200, which is ok by me :) All this with Geil pc3200 value ram 512mb. (nice stuff)

I'm using the nvidia 44.03 drivers as of now. I haven't experimented much with the drivers.

Are you running directx 9.0? I know that sucked a little bit outta my scores after I "upgraded" :/

Back