• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thorughbred B questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smoother

I recently purchased an Athlon XP 1800+ Thoroughbred, The chip is green, CPU-Z shows int he revision B, so, would this CPU be a B core, or an A core?

Look on your cpu itself. jiuhb, aiuhb, means t bred B because of the last letter. If it ends in A, then its a t bred a.

Its a B-Core, but I was curious why I was able to get nearly 2.6 outta the CPU, my case is an Antec Lan Party/Boy case, I'm running as many cooling fans as I can, and the CPU cooling is done by my trust Volcano 10. :p

I'n not really sure if it has to be a "B" core if the code is jiuhb or aiuhb. I have a JIUHB XP 1800+ that is an "A" core. How do I know this? For one, extremely crappy overclocks compared with "B" cores. Second, I bought about a week after 2200+ XPs came out.

I'n not really sure if it has to be a "B" core if the code is jiuhb or aiuhb. I have a JIUHB XP 1800+ that is an "A" core. How do I know this? For one, extremely crappy overclocks compared with "B" cores. Second, I bought about a week after 2200+ XPs came out.

i think that "b" cores are larger than "a" cores and were made a long time ago...just as both are still being made...

i believe that your jhuib is indeed a "b" core

Ok. aif it ends with B and it's a tbred it is a B core. This isn't a questionable thing. That's why it's called a B core.

So you say it is a juihb but it is a tbred A - why would you think that? What is the stepping info? - also can you run a screenshot of wcpuid.

Do all B cores overlocck about the same?

rarely, do two processors ever clock exactly the same...

but i think some "b"s are quite a bit better than others...

and all "b"s are better than the "a"s because of the increase die size

not my from experience as much as reading others' results

Back