• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Processor is displaying weird results.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Synbios459

I have an Athlon XP 2800+, yet when I check my system info using Sisoft Sandra, or by dxdiag, it has my processor as "AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz" I have no idea why it's doing this. It displayed it correctly last time I checked which was when I upgraded my mobo from a ABIT KG7 to a ASUS A7N8X, and from a Athlon XP 1700+ to an Athlon XP 2800+. The only things I remember changing that would effect my system was using Windows Update, and changing 1 thing in my BIOS (turning stupid voice off) but I don't see why'd they would cause this.

Your FSB is set to 100 and the CPU's multiplier is 12.5. the chip's default FSB is 166. 166x12.5 = 2083MHz = 2800+. Switch ur FSB to 166 and you'll be good to go

I would also STRONGLY advise you reinstall windows with the installation of the new mobo/processor, unless you already done this, you're not using the whole potential the new rig can give you. Reinstall windows.

I formated and reinstalled windows XP Home after installing new mobo and processor.

Oh thx, that did it. I do now remember telling it to "optimize to default". Which obviously wasn't. Anyway, I see my FSB can go higher, would you recommend it?

Last time I changed some stuff in the BIOS upon boot-up I got a "Memory test error". Which NOTHING would even come on my monitor. If I crash how could I set it back?

well, if it won't even post, turn off computer, pull power from computer, and pop out the cmos battery(little flat round battery), wait 15-20 seconds, put all back together

go back into bios, reset your time and date, change everything back to normal

if you want more help on overclocking, ask lots of questions, or pm me or anyone else w/ a similar setup

Back