• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 stock fan? to hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

I have a concern as most of us i live in a small town but the computer guy is luckly all certifed by amd and intel and worked for the goverment on computers so i think he knows alot .
my problim is i at one time had the asus probe on my pc but removed it and when i did it said that my cpu tem was about 48 at idle but 52 when i played comand and conquer generals for about an hour. i thinkthat is way to hot shouldnt it stay below 45c? i have the sock cpu cooler on cuz of warnty but afer i was thinking of the slk900u with this fan that i saw that pumps out 75 cmf its a 92mm.
IntelP4 (2.4Ghz 800Mhz FSB) Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Enermax 350w PS (2 fans) 512MB samsung Dual Channel DDR
80GB 8mb Seagate Barracuda HD G4 XFX Ti4200
aopen 52x,aopen justlink 52x24x52x
its new 2 weeks!

and for cooling i have 2 rear exust fans and 3 side intakes one blowing on my cpu one on my vga and one on my ram then the other 2 globe fans on the enermax but for some reson they move so slow they dont blow any air? i didnt put intakes on the front of the case because of the case it only lets air in from one tiny hole in the bottem. otherwise i would put 2 more fans in the front it. the case holds 4 fans up front and 2 rear.

is ther a better solution then having 2 exust fans at the back, 2 on the top and for intake 3 on the side and 2 up front? because this is what i might do if the cpu dosent cool down. when the warnt goes ill change the cpu heat sink and fan to see if it works but untill then do i have to do this?

how do i get the ps fans moving faster.(my pc is a little noisey but with music im ok i dont leave it on 24/7.:mad: :mad:

so if i was to change the heat sink to the slk900u and munt a 92mm fan on there........
#1 what fan is the best?
#2 do i need the 2 exust fans at the top and the 2intakes in the front? (i havent put them in yet but i will pu in those 4 80mm if i should. that whould be a total of 9 80mm case fans pushing about 30cmf and then the 80mm 30cmf ps fan, 92mm ps fan, 1 92mm cpu fan and 1 vga fan(stock and small)
thats alot of fans but should i do this i will the for noise ill extend my cables so i can put the case in my walk in closet.

with cooling its always the more the merrier, not always do you put alot of fans in and it cools better, you have to just play with it and watch your temps, move cables around. Every case is different. I have never had a problem with intel cooling fans personaly and ive had my 2.8b @ 3.7 on one. ALLEN

I find my tems are amazing with the intel hs. I get 28 idle and 42 load on my 2.0 Northie. My main boost was getting some AS3 and making sure it was a thin layer, try it.

thanks ill try that but would the slk900u with the VANTEC TORNADO CASE FAN 92MM 4800RPM 119CFM 56.4DBA DUAL BALL BEARING pluss some of that as3 be better

If you've never heard a Tornado, you'll be very surprised how loud it is. The whine drives me crazy if I leave one on. It is loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage.

As for your temps, if it's stable it's fine. Motherboard temp sensors are very innacurate.

I just did an idle test and the idle now is at 30c and when i run my game for about 5min it boosts to about 44c and i think thats a pritty high boost from 30 when i only run a game only 5 min how do i find thout when its on full load like how do i full load it is there a program? im using the asus probe to test my temps its on the mobo. what should i do if i wana over clock should i keep the stock fan and Ms and just put that as3 and leave it at that
iwould like keep my full load at about 40c if posible

you can get a decent OC with the Intel HSF
but getting a better HSF will help your OC

to get full load, download and run two instances of Folding at Home :D

syberspy9 said:
iwould like keep my full load at about 40c if posible

Folding should push it to at least 45+ degrees.

And you should fold for us because we are such affable people :)

I agree on Folding@Home for full load for everyday use.

However, you should use Prime95 to load your system for testing. It will get things slightly warmer than F@H, and will report errors you get from too high of an overclock.

I think the stock Intel heatsink is fine, expecially with AS3. I use the Zalman more for noise reduction than for heat dissapation.

if you want to use stock fan, i highly suggest to remove that thermal stuffs that intel put on, its like another layer ontop of the hsf. After you removed it, lap it to nice shine, it'll give you good temp.

ok im good thanks im have decided to keep the stock fan and just add a good layer of as3 theis should do good for now untill i get all my other cooling isues sorted out then evencially ill ad the slk900u and put the tornado on and just use a fan controller or put my tower in a sepreat room and jut get cable extentions so i can use it in my room but it will be next door so thanx for all ur help and once im all redy ill push this 2.4 to 3.6 with a good temp on evry thing but when i do go to that speed ill have the slk900u and the tornado doing all thay can.

Back