• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

measuring my temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

I have a raytech temp gun, It was used in my rc racing days to check the head temps of my motors. I was just wondering if anyone uses anything like a temp gun for temp readings. And if you do where do you take your measurements??

I have seen it but its not the best way, the HS would be where but the HS is nto what you really want the tempature of, you really want the die which is UNDER the HS so you either need to stick a temp probe under the HS NEXT to the die or use Software (MBM5).

I think using software would definitely be the way to go, or you can just look in the bios. That would be more accurate than measing the heatsink's temp.

i saw one of those in science class today, they are pretty cool but i would just use some good temperature monitoring software, aim it at your processor and give us the temp it says and the temp the software says, itd be interesting to see ;)

Back