• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900U with Abit BD7-II on a 1.8A,help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bazooka

Registered
Hello.
I am thinking of purchasing the above setup excluding the 1.8A which i already have.The thing is that i want to overclock my 1.8A to 2.4 or maybe 2.8Ghz levels.
I wouldnt have gone for the above 2 things i.e. the 900U and the Abit mobo if only my stupid Asus P4S333-VM mobo had any option of changing voltage :(.

Thus i have no choice but to upgrade a little.
Ok here are a few of my probs :(.

SLK-900U related:

1)I know this is the best heatsinl available,its costly,but i think i will handle it :),now what i wanna ask is,what fan should i use with it to obtain best performance?

2)Now comes the noise problem with a fan,Should i go for the 92mm Vantec Tornado 114CFM fan?i heard its a loud one,if it is,then can u give any sort of resemblence to this noise in normal daily life things....u know u can compare it with any thing...hmmm :)?

3)If its too loud,then plz recommend anything close to the performance of this 92mm fan,with ofcourse less noise.

Now for the Mobo Part:

1)Should i go for it?is this particular mobo up there in the higher ranking mobo's for overclocking?i mean i dont want to spend too much on a mobo right now,i just want to get somethin under 100$'s which would give me the best options for overclocking :),because later on i am goin to upgrade big time(after 6-7 months).

2)any other recommendations.

Thanks.infact thanks a lot in advance :).

www.sidewindercomputers.com has a "listenting room" section, the volume on your computer matters but the real fan is a little quiter than a vacume cleaner (no joke, not as loud but similar pitch and pretty close).

As for close to preformance, on that website the next 2 seem to be the Enermax clear one (though I am a little iff'y on that CFM rating), and the Sanyo Denki 92mmX38mm one. Or you could get the Tornado and one of these:
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ele-50.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=470015&item=RHE-15&type=store
and turn it down (yes, they are they same thing and yes one is priced over 10 bucks more than the other), or pay for a fancy baybus.

Thats Intel right? If so I don't really know it so can't help there :/
btw,
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Back