• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing for a Moron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quatney

Okay, I've tried to find some info on this on google, and searching on this site and many others, but I can't seem to find the info I need.

A little of what I just got.

A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 1800+
1 Gig of Kingston DDR 3200

I know absolutly nothing on over clocking. I don't want to screw anything up, so I'm asking you, the experts on this on. I want to bump this thing up to about 2.2 Ghz, which I've read that this CPU will do just fine with out any problems (if I'm wrong, please call me on it).

Can I just go in through the BIOS and do this, or what do I need to do?

If you need to know anything else about my system, please let me know.

as long as it's unlocked(someone w/ an 1800 should jump in on that answer) it should be very easy

first, go into bios, go under advanced chipset features, set pretty much anything that has an option for "User Defined" to "User Defined", hehehe, ie, cpu interface, vcore, etc....

start off small, first set the multiplier low, to 10x or lower, then start upping the fsb(cpu frequency) one mhz at a time(though i'd at least start off at 166), then exit and allow it to reboot, keep doing this till you find your max fsb, to test the stability, play some games or run some programs that will stress your system, if it cuts out of the game or program, try upping the vcore one notch, if that dosn't work, back off a point or 2 on the fsb(though w/ your ram, you should be able to hit at least 200fsb(400ddr)

then start uppint the multi. .5x at a time, 11x200=2200, or 2.2ghz

after that, it's all up to you if you wanna keep going(and i'm sure you will)

remember, the more you try to push, the more power you will need(vcore), which also means more heat, most will agree not to go above 60c on your processor

we'd also suggest putting your specs in your signature(user cp, edit profile) include your power supply, and pretty much anything that takes power from it

The 1800 is unlocked as long as its a tbred b. If its a newer 1800, 2.2G shouldn't be that hard to reach with decent cooling.

200x10 at default with EVERY 1800+. Including the worst weeks : 17 and 19

Back