• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've surpased 290 FSB p4p800 dlx??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ge0rge

Registered
I was just wondering, I've gone over 290 FSB with my 2.4C on my Asus p4p800 dlx, I've heard that once you get that far, you should then move the ratio up? I'm at 5:4, should I move it up to 3:2 and start over?
I've got Hyper-X pc3500 RAM.

Thanks
ge0rge

You should probably move the ratio to 3:2 if you want to try to raise your fsb over 290. With that kind of bus speed, your memory would be running upwards of DDR464. You are probably better off running 5:4 around 290 though. You will have better performance than running 3:2 at 300. It is doubtful that you will be able to increase your fsb enough to offset the loss of bandwidth incurred by changing to a 3:2 ratio.

Nice overclock by the way. How much voltage are you using?

I've been messing around with the voltage actually today, and I found that my system is stable at a FSB of 293 @ 1.55V, however, I'll see what I can do to get a little faster. ;)

I would say try for 300 5:4 and anything above that is a gift. I was able to get 309 with 5:4 and 325 with 3:2 before my TEC killed my cpu :(

I think I've reached my limit at 295... However, I can get it to boot at 300, but it doesn't pass Prime....

We'll see, I'll try tinkering with some other stuff.

Back