• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

::: Need Advice :::

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

^^^Floorkiller^^^

Hiya all !

I have just got my MAX3 Abit today and i feel good.
I have a Prometeia Mach2 to cool my cpu and my question now is since my old IC7 board i dead, because of something i dont know could have killed it.
Could have been moist from the Prommy as i saw white areas on the backside of the IC7 i figured it could have been just that.
But now when i have recived the MAX3 i see the same white stuff on the backside of the board just as i did on IC7.
So its just the manufacturing process that has done it.
But what could have killed the IC7?

I have seen many post about boards that cannot boot into BIOS, just as mine and that the fans are spinning and lights go on when pwr btn is turned on.
But i get NO beep from the IC7, i have even checked with a computer repair man and he said that there were no other problems then just the IC7 board.
Ram and cpu was working just fine, but the board didnt.

The dilemma is i have modded the IC7 enough that i cant undo the changes and RMA to the store.
So i had to buy another mobo and i would not have bought an Abit again, but then i saw MAX3 and i could not stay away from it
:)

So i belive that the problem might be in the BIOS, but would i not get a beep or POST if BIOS "only" was in bad shape.
I had BIOS rev .16 on the IC7 and i have only heard reports of problem on the .17 BIOS so... i dunno...
My greatest fear is if dahhh... yes the board would go dead on me again.
But this time i will not do any permanent mods on the board so i can RMA if there will be a problem.

But any idea on what could have done the *RIP* on the board would be nice to hear.

/Best regardes Mike...

Is this "white stuff" water crystals? Have you taken sufficent condensation-prevention measures? IE- dielectric grease slathered all over the socket + back of socket, at least 1/4in thick neoprene insulation on back of socket, all around socket, on evaporator, hoses, etc. I'd recommend conformal coating your entire MB to be safe as well... if that "white stuff" is ice, then you've just killed 2 motherboards with your nifty little prommie... I hope not, but the way I read your post is, "Hey, my mobo died, there was some ice on the back of it but that's OK, cuz I have a prommie and that's NORMAL. I bought a new one and what do you know... there's ice on that one as well! So what do you think killed my mobo?"

Im getting sick and tired of **** like this!

Im more then average on hardware probs, but i do not need this crap, if anyone else care to listen to me, do so.

/thx

^^^Floorkiller^^^ said:
But now when i have recived the MAX3 i see the same white stuff on the backside of the board just as i did on IC7.
So its just the manufacturing process that has done it.

i dont hate hate you , i dont hate anyone but i dont like that crap.

Ps, your siggy cant be seen on 1024*768 tft, mine can.
(the above written is just bs)

Oh, btw the white stuff is on your board too.. oh yes

but who cares anyway??

Last edited:
OK, chill out....

I know he may not have helped, but just because your mad don't mean you need to go crazy.

someone will explain soon...if not, there is always the cooling section.

peace

mica

Sorry I couldn't help you. My board doesn't have any white stuff on the back of it that isn't something easily identifiable, such as lettering. Since you have a prommie the first thing I thought of was condensation.
Ps, your siggy cant be seen on 1024*768 tft, mine can.
(the above written is just bs)

What's the point of that, I wonder.

Back