• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 barton help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think some just won't go that high. Mine will go 11.5 x 200 but it takes a lot of voltage (more than I am comfortable with). 1.80v to get it to run on mine and it was not very stable.

Mine seems to be even more cranky, I have to take the voltage up to 1.875 to get to 2200 MHz (200 x 11) but if I drop the multiplier down to 10.5 I can bring the voltage down significantly. I don't know my stepping, but I think I got one of the less capable Bartons. Maybe you did too?

Wow, yours is really cranky. I can do 200 x 11 @1.75v. It seems others are better. I keep reading about people getting that on default voltage. Oh well, plenty fast for me anyway. I'm not even a gamer.

theboogieman said:
I've just got a xp2500+333 barton and can anyone tell me the best way to get past 2.3gb

Welcome to the forums.

I've moved this to the AMD CPU area, you should get more specific replys here.

Well I guess I got lucky!

I have been experimenting with my FSB and here are my findings:

230x10.0 (1.78v)
222x10.0 (1.65v) * Stable *

205x11.5 (1.78v)
208x11.0 (1.72v)

I am currently running 205 FSB @ 11.0 :D

The 2500s seem to be a bit of luck of the draw right now. There really isn't a "super" stepping code that does phenomenal, but at the same time most of the recent ones do fairly well. I have an AQXEA 0323 MPMW that does 2200 at 1.6V or 2400 at 1.8V. Almost doesn't make sense to juice it all the way to 1.8 for the extra 200MHz.

I am surprised that the UPEW one isn't doing a lot better, considering the theory that the "E" means better wafer quality, and its of the recent AQXEA stepping.

A good power supply and a great heatsink (SLK series) go a long way. Some people (myself included) thought they reached the limit of their CPU, and later discovered more OC'ing headroom after upgrading those two components.

Last edited:
Back