• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snvpa

alright i'm gonna get myself a barton tommorow cause i'm tired of the 1700 tbred's i've had four that all do 2.5 ghz three 1700's and one 1800. Next for me is a 2500 what are the newer steppings out. and is there anyting i should look for particularly I read a thread ago of the infamous y chip soi i guess that'll be something to look for. thanks

just so you know those two "Y" chips, that I posted in another thread, where bought from newegg.com in the retail package.

thanks for the response. I'll be going to a local computer show as a couple of the vendors allow me to look through all their chips to find what i want.

snvpa, I would imagine you would get more helpful responses if you posted what your cooling is, what your RAM brand is, particularly what your power supply brand is. If you don't get 2.3 from a Thoroughbred B, chances are 9/10 it's the other parts of your setup.

Yeah I was gonna mention that. anyway the specs are nf7s ver 1.2 a gig of ocz 3500 a antec true power 480 and a lian li pc 65? with 5 case fans on a variable rheostat and an slk 700 w/tmd fan. cooling is not a problem.

well i didin't find anything good at the show. lots of 2500's but nothing that looked promising. i guess i'll look when i'm over in london next week.

Back