• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHich Barton 2500+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calam

I am getting A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0 , SLK800-U (OR 900-U-worth the $ difference?), Corsair TWINX512-3200LLPT , will run Wincrap XP-PRO, on it.

Also will use Ceramique-this is better than Arctic Alumina Ceramic for this, right?

Wondering which stepping seems to be best for Barton 2500+, I can get AQXEA & AQXCA local, will online if need to for better CPU.

Also need advice on a new, inexpensive PSU to throw in , only have 300 watt Addtronics (is that enough or do I need to upgrade PSU?).

Please ... be so kind as to post any helpful links (esp. for settup & basic o/c tips for this settup).

Will check back in a bit, gotta head to Fry's for the weekend deals!

Last edited:
please read the overclocking guide for newbies, this will answer if not all your questions about oc'ing

The power supply is a no brainer:
Fortron from newegg
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=58&manufactory=1919&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Remember it's the brands not the Watts.
300W & 350W Fortron is really like 390W (probably more) power supply.
Do not skimp on this or it will limit your overclock and endanger other parts of the system. Forum members can testify to the losses of their components due to cheapo PSUs.

Back