• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where did all my mulitpliers go?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hedgehogforprez

I just put another stick of 2100 I found laying around collecting dust into my setup. I have it running at 160mhz right now ( Surprises me... ) Anyway, I chucked it in there for some dual channel with the stick of 3500 and set it to 133 to see if it worked, and was going to get my max fsb * w/e multiplier got me up to my old 2.2ghz OC. Well, for some reason when I use anything over 12.5 it runs it at 11*100. I used to be able to have free range of all my multi's. Anyone know whats up?

System in my sig.

Almost forgot, the second stick is another of 512 and I tried putting it at real lax timings since I wasn't sure how high I could get the speed on the 2100.

Well all asticks are going to run at the speed of lowest rated RAM.
You dont want to be mixing PC2100 and PC3500 for sure.

Your Memory Frequency may be set to Auto instead of 100% in BIOS, allowing the RAM to be locked at its default speed while you up the FSB.

Set your Memory Frequency to 100%, use only the highest rated ram.

PC2100 is 133 and tops out at 150ish FSB.

Barton requires PC2700 at least as it's a 333 FSB not 266 FSB part like lower T-Bred B's. So in BIOS dual 166 FSB of PC2700 is Barton's default.

Time to readup on what the specs are:
http://www.pbase.com/image/19261650/original
http://www.pbase.com/image/17079307/original

I know, I even tried it on my 3500 stick just a bit ago. For some reason even above 166 I don't have any Multi's above 12.5...

Time to reset the good old CMOS.

Then make sure all BIOS settings are good.

What does the RAM got to do with multipliers, if you want over x12.5 you have to either blow the L3 bridge or just make a wire trick to get the same effect as the bridge blowing... You will have only x13 and up tho.

Illustrations (These are socket view)

Last edited:
Back