• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New underclocked 1800xp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X0d1@k

I recently fired up my semi new/old system, which is using the a7n8x Asus deluxe board, rev2( 400fsb). Okay i bought the Juihb Dlt3c 1800xp cpu, from Frys in Sacramento.I ran WCPUID, and my internal clock was like 1141.67 or something close. It didnt even read as an 1800xp. I "overclocked " it to 1157.89 or something and NOW it reads 1800xp+. Why? I cannot post attachments sooo, mayby i can email someone ok. Thanks in advance

a Xp1800+ is 1530 MHZ or 11.5 * 133 FSB

the speed you're reporting is 1150 MHZ or 11.5 * 100 FSB

your chip is not underclocked you're actually runnign the chip at the wrong FSB.. once you change that to 133 FSB then your chip will read as xp1800+

yeppers... check out your mobo's manual, there's should be an example of where to place the jumper (if it's on the mobo) or where in the bios to set that up to 133FSB.
things should be right, after you've made this change

Thanks guys!! I did some ocing (MY first ) and overclocked it 7 or 8 mhz hehhe just to be safe!! I have a bunch of OC's now, my most recent is 2017mhz, stock hsf, and still going no extra volts. I even ran the sisandra burn in wizard 6 times in a row.

You should try 3dmark, Pcmark, prime, folding, toast, to test for stability.

Back