• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lets go north ,were its not cold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

well im talking about the north bridge what can i find that will do a good job of coolin it? the mobo is a asus p4c800-e deluxe

what might i use or were will i find HS for all those cips on my mobo and the few big ones down on the bottem left?

im going to buy that sidewinder its only 30 bucks thats goog for me i think i have a 2.4 p4 800mhz fsb and i want it to race like a f1 car but i dont want it to end up like a farm truck my mobo is the asus p4c800-e deluxe

if your going to oc heavily do you have a good heatsink? the stock one won't do too well with heavy overclocking.

I think you'll have some trouble mounting the SideWinder heatsink. It is quite nice, though.
Maybe you should just mount a fan onto the Asus' included NB heatsink. It's a large heatsink and already mounted.
Also, you could apply AS or some other high-end TIM between the chip and HS. Could even lap the heatsink if you're so inclined. I think this will be better (and so what if it doesn't work?) than epoxying the SideWinder NorthPole and probably better than that ...urgh... Thermaltake HS.

the sidewinder uses screws... and i checked his board on froogle and it looks like it uses screws to keep the nb cooler on also... why would he have a problem? Does the board not use NB screws? if not, then don't get the sidewinder its really heavy and im not sure you are gonna want to epoxy it on the board

ok this is the deal;
i will be buying all of this at the same time
as3, slk900u, vanteck tornado 92mm, the side winder, vanteck copper vga cooler, vanteck active mem cooling, vanteck noise isolater fancontoller pluss some hs's from radio shack to mount on some of the other hot spots.
i also have a 9 80mm fans 4 out 3 in but the case presser is positive.

what might i use or were will i find HS for all those cips on my mobo and the few big ones down on the bottem left?

you don't need heatsinks for every chip:D what vantec active memory cooler? if its for ram, it would be a waste of money IMO. If you really want things to put on those other chips you can either cut up some heatsinks laying around, or buy some "Tweakmonster RAM Sinks"

yes the vanteck active ram cooling y a waste of money? there the best and they have a fan pluss hs'siwant the altimit cooling but i dont trust the water cooling the cance of a leake makes me shake its a brand new sytem $1800 and i cant replace it right now so im not goinf to use the water cooling pluss they dont cool vga cpu moffets chipset ram and the hole case for $250.

No... DDr doesn't even need spreaders much less active cooling. Just make sure you have good airflow over the ram sticks. personally, I think most heatspreaders work better as insulators than heatsinks. Oh, and the fans on those spreaders get in the way of other sockets or else whatever your mobo has next to the ram sticks (usually the socket).

ok so just have a fan ontop of them well on my side case blowing on the ram and even if i oc my 2.4c yo 3.6 i will be ok or should i get some copper heat spreaders without the fan from vanteck?

i don't know if you are going to get the 2.4 to 3.6... you are planning on air cooling right? as long as there is some airflow over the RAM, it doesn't even need a dedicated fan, just as long as air moves through the case, you will be fine.

just get any cpu heatsink and glue it on to the northbrige with epoxy glue. I'm sure you have a spare heatsink lying around.

just get any cpu heatsink and glue it on to the northbrige with epoxy glue. I'm sure you have a spare heatsink lying around.

lol that would be fine if he had the room.....and you also have to consider weight. The north bridge gets hot.....but not cpu temps ppl. Asus uses passive cooling because not much else is warranted unless you hate the idea of it being a little toasty. As for your ram. Like others said. The ram doesnt even really need a heatsink or heatspreaders (whatever you like to call it). The crappy active ram cooler will just have a noisy low CFM fan that will break in 2 months. You have 9 fans so I am sure you have good airflow. Just remember. You want cool fresh air from the outside coming in and then you want it to be exhausted out. Plain and simple. That should keep most of you things cool, including the ram.

I'm not sure if the Zalman fits 865/875 w/o some kind of adhesive. I was looking into them, but ended up getting a NB waterblock from DangerDen...

DP

syberspy9 said:
what about the sidewinder chipset cooler im thinking on that

if your mobo has the two mounting holes needed to mount that it will be fine. But let me warn you there is a rather annoying high pitched whine from the fan, but you can't hear it unless you are pretty close to your case.

Back