• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to forums-but need some help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godfrey

Have a 2500 Barton,ASUS A7N8X,Geil 512 pc3200,MSI 5600FX 256 mb vidcard---I have tried all i know to get it to overclock--when i do it and run a benchmark on it -it comes up as a lower mhz than when i run it at orig settings---
this is what i was doing--frequency multiple setting to menu.
Change cpu frequency multiple to 11.0x
system performance to user defined
cpu interface to optimal

cpu vcore setting to menu
cpu vcore to 1.7
agp frequency to 66 mhz
agp 8x support to disabled

exit and save changes
please help--want to learn more on this stuff--maybe gonna get a water cooling case soon and then go wild!

If you are lowering the multiplier and not rising the FSB, of course you 'll have low Mhz. Set the FSB to 200, multi to 11 and left the vcore to 1.7. You can enable the agp 8x support.

If your refering to the cpu speed that 3dmark reports i've found that they are usually off a little when there is any overclock to the system. The problems occur when the system isnt truely stable, then it will give CPU speeds that seem way off and generally you wont be allowed to publish the score.

If it's off by more then 30mhz or so i'd say back off the overclock a little, if the system isnt stable, slowing it down will actually give you better performance.

Again though i'm only assuming that this is what your refering to, if not let me know.

Sweet--what ever you told me has worked--kinda--when i set them to what ya have--when i reboot the mboard just beeps!so i went down a bit with it!----is now saying it is at 1985mhz!!!processor is up to 33deg--that seems low--what is the test i always see everyone running?i see name of it but never a link where to get it-----the info im getting the settings from iscalled PC wizard 2003----gonna run benchmark to see if its half way stable then try to up it over 2ghz---

ohh yeah--it also has steped up my memory feq--is this normal?dont want to have ablow out yet!

ok--so i think i ran it-- it didnt say anything until after i clicked it off----is that normal?figure it would give me an update maybe?
i did notice my PC sound diff alittle----i just played 3 hrs of Ever Quest and it didnt crash - so i may be half way stable at the higher mhz!gonna go ck some Oc for my vid card now!

godfrey said:
ok--so i think i ran it-- it didnt say anything until after i clicked it off----is that normal?figure it would give me an update maybe?
i did notice my PC sound diff alittle----i just played 3 hrs of Ever Quest and it didnt crash - so i may be half way stable at the higher mhz!gonna go ck some Oc for my vid card now!

Run the stress test for more then 7 hours and i'll say you have a stable system, run it for 3 days and i'll say you have a flawless system.

You can run the program without noticing any performance loss, it only uses unused clock cycles, so it doesnt hurt.

Back