• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My CPU died, anyway way I can fix it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
I have an old athlon 1.1 ghz chip I think died. I tried putting a peltier on it and it all went down hill from there. First my motheroard died. I got a new motherboard now I think my CPU is dead. I put the cpu in and the motherboard just flickers and turns off right away. It turns on and keeps power runing through it without a cpu but with the cpu it turns on and off instantly. Anyone know what might cause this and if they do how do Ifix it?

I seriously doubt its overheating. at the moment anyway. It turns on and shuts off right away within on second. It might have overheated before when I was trying to put the peltier on it. I never did get a real tempature read off from that. But I dont think it did. When I first got the chip I was using a generic heatsink that heated up to 72C and ran very stable. I of course quickly got another heatsink and it ran at 54c under a very heavy load for days from folding and processing digital meadia. When I put the peltier on it was never running for more then ten minutes due to problems with the motherboard after that. So I serisouly dont think it over heated.

The core looks for the most part fine. It looked like it might have been damaged but after looking at it for a long time then comparing it to other stock photography online I determined it wasnt. What's on there is normal. As for the other post can a motherboard really not turn on because the fan isnt plugged into the fan socket? I've never heard of that before, or at least never experienced it on any of my old computers. But I also can't recal never not having a fan plugged in. But none the less is that possible?

Back