• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting a 92mm fan to a slk-900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystypiy

Hey guys, I just got my slk-900A in the mail, and I have no idea how to mount my 92mm fan onto it using those little wire things... Does anybody know how?

Have a look;)

slk9005.jpg

INSTALLATION GUIDE

pummer said:
wow is that a tornado or a delta 38mm?

tornado... what 92 mm fan are you using? because you use different holes on the slk with the different size fans

yep that is exactly my setup

That Tornado sure blows some air... even when put backwards lol

I did it once hahaha.

Yea, a bit too much if you ask me. My friend got that setup too, and he had it running for 5min. He then too one of his 80mm case fans and replaced the tornado with it. Its in his drawer now. He lost maybe 5c from the tornado, and probably 30db.

Thanks, guys I appreciate the help. And is the slk-900 supposed to come with the four antistatic pads too? Cause mine doesn't have any...

Mystypiy said:
Thanks, guys I appreciate the help. And is the slk-900 supposed to come with the four antistatic pads too? Cause mine doesn't have any...
They aren't antistatic pads, they're to prevent core-chipping: here

there should be 4 circular pads. Is that what you are talking about? If yes, then you should definetely use those since it should help prevent you from chipping your cpu.

Back