• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with my 1700+??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vicveg

i just installed a new athlon xp 1700+ cpu with a nf7-s mobo. Its supposed to run at 1.47 Ghz. However, in BIOS, here's what i see:

CPU Name Is AMD Athlon(tm) XP
CPU Internal Frequency 1100 Mhz (100x11.0)

CPU Operating Speed 1700+
x - External Clock 133 Mhz
x - Multiplier Factor x11.0

The CPU internal frequency is obviously not 1.47 Ghz. But, the external clock (133) multiplied by the multiplier factor (11.0) would give me that 1.47!

So why does it do 100 x 11.0 and say 1100 ????????!!!

Any help is GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated.

Actually just go into the bios save bios (dont make any changes) reboot and it'll go back to normal.

You may not even need to do that. I have the same setup and it does that every time i clear the CMOS, nothing to worry about.

sorry but i dont exactly understand what u mean. What would saving the bios and rebooting change? But you're saying that nothing is wrong with the processor, something's wrong with the bios?

vicveg said:
sorry but i dont exactly understand what u mean. What would saving the bios and rebooting change? But you're saying that nothing is wrong with the processor, something's wrong with the bios?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with anything, i'm saying go into the bios save/exit and the correct settings should be loaded on the next reboot.

I find it odd that you would question doing it even though it only takes about 45 seconds to do.

Back