• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check out the nf3/a64 benchies- w00t!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats a preety general, and incorrect blanked statement.

All x86-64 cpus are a64... so i really fail to see your point, unless amd changed the naming scheme once again, and you are going off of that.

either way, this show what the x86-64 cpus are capable, of and im nothing short of impressed.

You mean they're all AMD 64. Not all 64 bit amd processors are Athlon 64's. Hence, the Opteron.

Those benches look even better at 2.2ghz. I believe that the Athlons that start at that low of a clock speed will be the new XP's, which are craptacular versions of Athlon 64's proper. Socket 768 or whatever, 32 bit, 256k cache.

in any case, the a64's should retain a somewhat decent performance in games, which is all i care about.....

wait... and price.. i'll wait until i can get a proc around $200

Very impressive! Keeping up with a duel 3.0 Xeon and a 800 HT is a very nice thing to see and I'm sure there is much o/c left after what they did. As soon as the price goes down some these will be great.

Back