• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid question about swiftech cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

da-gokesta

i have an mcx-462+ and im wondering which way i should have the fan blowing. i read that on an alpha you have it pull air off the cpu, is that the same with the swifty? or is blowing on it correct?

think of it like a house fan, it is cooler on your face is the air is blowing at you right? sucking air off doesnt do much, it doesnt matter which fan it is you should always blow it at what you want to cool

I should you think you would have it blowing down onto the heatsink like any normal one would...

Yes, you just might get lower temps in some odd situation if you had it sucking. Try it, however generally it is blowing on that gives the best temps.

Dano, put your face right up to the back of the fan, as if you are as close to it as a heatsink would.

i know my ex-roomie had better experience with his alpha sucking the air off,,,,

so you should try both and see what works better.....

im also making a duct of sorts out of another 80mm housing this should help by not blocking as much space with the hub

Back