• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lapping SLK-900U and 8RDA+ Northbridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cintrone

Registered
Can someone oint me to a good guide on how to and what materials are needed to lap an SLK-900U and the Northbridge on an Epox 8RDA+. Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

go to autozone and buy 600grits, 1000grits, 1500grits sandpapers. They comes like 5 packs each and around $3 each. If you want, you can get 2000grits and Mag & aluminum polish.

laping a slk900u why on earth do u need to i hear they are extremmly well done expecialy with some as3 added just try adding that and no need to lap it look at it the babys shine and are so smooth you dont get any better than that!

woot finally found an article worth reading baout lapping the NB...anybody here doing cooling to the south bridge...mine is hot hot to the touch on my A7N8X

laping a slk900u why on earth do u need to i hear they are extremmly well done expecialy with some as3 added just try adding that and no need to lap it look at it the babys shine and are so smooth you dont get any better than that!

It's always a good idea to give a heatsink a good lapping before putting it to use for the first time. Also, some of the bases on Thermalright heatsinks come with lots of visible ridges, and lapping is a must to get rid of them. I guess it just depends on when it was made.

Back