• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

well i havent buight any oc cooling products yet but im thinking on buying this for all my oc needs:
cpu: SLK900U VANTEC TORNADO CASE FAN 92MM
mobo: sidewinder Microcool Northpole chipset cooler, and some small HS for all the chips on my mobo
ram: vantec active memory cooling
vga: vantec CRYSTAL ORB with some HS's for the chips

but what else do i need HD cooler i was thinking but withch one?

my system is:
IntelP4 (2.4Ghz 800Mhz FSB), Asus P4C800-E Deluxe,
Enermax 350w PS (2 fans), 2x256MB 400mhz Dual Channel DDR,
80GB 8mb SATA Seagate Barracuda HD, aopen 52x,
justlink (aopen) 52x24x52x, fxf nvidia g4 ti4200.
3 80mm intake on the side pannel, 2 exust out back
side fans placed on in line with cpu,vga,ram.

any hdd cooler is fine. I got some suggestions, dont use crystal orb for VGA, its not that good, get Vantec copper with LED one. If you going to use Microcool northpole, you think it'll fit with SLK900U on there, cas the looks of it, its pretty tall

ok vanteck copper ill do that i saw that one but in a revew it was worse? and about the chips cooling im buying the slk900 laer like mabey a moth later and ill just sentd it back if irt doesnt fit but first ill try to mesure to see if it just might lol

HDD coolers are usually not worth the money or hassle. HDDs are designed to run somewhat hot, and if you've got halfway decent case ventilation, they'll easily be kept cool enough.

ok well for now no HD cooler and the im geting this all local so SH no prob but the hole not fitting thing if ir doesnt work what should i use for chipset cooling? i want only good stuff no fanless ether.

You can affix any chipset cooler with Arctic Silver thermal epoxy instead of push pins, if the hole pattern doesn't match. It will work just as well.

so your saying that if i want can just hold the chipset cooler in lace with some as3?

that would be un safe i think i would rather take the time and money and get a good set up.

just like im goung to do with my mobo, i will have EVERY chip with a hs!

so my 2.4c can go to 3.6

No, you can't hold it in place with ordinary AS3; there's a special adhesive version that you can use to stick the heatsink to the chip. It's not as good as something that really forces the heatsink down onto the chip, as with a CPU cooler, but it'll be just as good as clips that exert little force.

syberspy9 said:
well i havent buight any oc cooling products yet but im thinking on buying this for all my oc needs:
cpu: SLK900U VANTEC TORNADO CASE FAN 92MM
mobo: sidewinder Microcool Northpole chipset cooler, and some small HS for all the chips on my mobo
ram: vantec active memory cooling
vga: vantec CRYSTAL ORB with some HS's for the chips

but what else do i need HD cooler i was thinking but withch one?

my system is:
IntelP4 (2.4Ghz 800Mhz FSB), Asus P4C800-E Deluxe,
Enermax 350w PS (2 fans), 2x256MB 400mhz Dual Channel DDR,
80GB 8mb SATA Seagate Barracuda HD, aopen 52x,
justlink (aopen) 52x24x52x, fxf nvidia g4 ti4200.
3 80mm intake on the side pannel, 2 exust out back
side fans placed on in line with cpu,vga,ram.

Wow!!!!......I thought my 80x38 68 cfm fan was noisey. U won't be able to hear yourself type w/that F5 fan!!!:eek:

jamespetts said:
No, you can't hold it in place with ordinary AS3; there's a special adhesive version that you can use to stick the heatsink to the chip. It's not as good as something that really forces the heatsink down onto the chip, as with a CPU cooler, but it'll be just as good as clips that exert little force.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Make sure you use a rheostat with the CPU Fan. That 92mm puts out 119 cfm & has fixed veins that straighten out the air & decrease the pressure. This also create a airplane whine!

Pat

Pat said:
Make sure you use a rheostat with the CPU Fan. That 92mm puts out 119 cfm & has fixed veins that straighten out the air & decrease the pressure. This also create a airplane whine!

Pat

Who needs quiteness?!?

Back