• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Problem setting Voltage on my processor?? Any Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BillHarrison

Registered
Hey guys. Running a pair of TBRED B's 1700+ DL3TC from Excaliber PC. Here is the strange problem. CPU 1 (using the Socket Jumper voltage mod) is running nicely at 1.75 volts.

But CPU 0 refuses to run at 1.75 volts. If I set it to that, it gets 1.65 volts. I can set the voltage for cpu0 on the mb, which i did. Every setting works EXCEPT 1.75, which when set to that, i get 1.65. Currently im running it at 1.8 because thats the closest i could get. But now its a couple degrees warmer than cpu 1, because of this. Any suggestions? I even tried socket modding this cpu as well for 1.75, and it only got 1.65. I am all out of ideas, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Thanks

Bill

Asus A7m266D

It is an unusual problem, thats for sure. its running stable so far, at 2387 mhz.

But id like to iron out the problem. I may just bump up the other cpu to 1.8, but im ready to go water to get the temps down. They are idling around 42, which is way to high in my book, and hit 50 under prime95

Back