• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13+ multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I would like to get the 13+ multipliers on my 1700 and barton. What bridge do I have to blow/cut/connect? If I remember it was the 1st L9 bridge, but I dont want to start blowing the wrong ones!

You need to cut/blow the 5th L3 bridge, it should be connected on your cpu.
It was the L9 bridge on palomino cpus but not on the tbreds.

depends on the week of the cpu, if its using the old 27291 packaging then its pretty easy to do, if its the new 27648 packaging then its slightly more complicated to do.
The new kind is more complicated because the bridges have a plastic coating over them to stop people fiddling like this, the old kind you can just stick the batery right on the points and it will blow, but the new you have to risk scraping the plastic of with a knife. If you go too far you may have ruined it.

Oh yeh, dont worry about those numbers, its easy to distinguish between the two, the old one the top of the cpu is all the same colour, in the new one you can see the tracks and stuff running into the core, and the numer is printed in the bottom corner also. :)

Last edited:
When you blow the bridges, what multipliers do you have access to? Looks from my bios to be 9x-24x.

when you blow it you have 12.5 to whatever your bios goes upto, you cant select any lower than 13, and with the wire in socket method, you cant cnage the multi easily. you need to re wire it.

edit, sorry forgot the T on end of cant.

Last edited:
ERrr when you say if you go too far you may have ruined it do you mean to say cutting too deep will mess up the bridge? Because I cut my L3 with a scalpel the other day and the mutlis are crazy now, I can only get 17,18 and 23x multis. Could that happen if I cut too far into the packaging?

What i meant by going to far was removing the actual contact point, or the copper dot, coz then it would be pretty hard to join it back up if you needed to.

Have you reset your cmos since you did the mod bigdogbmx? after doing anything like that its a good idea to start a fresh with all the settings in your motherboards bios. And did you just cut the one bridge? sounds like youve cut a few by accident.

Nah I did cut two but I meant to so thats all good. I think Ive reset the cmos, I know that sounds dumb but the thing is that the jumper www.a7vtroubleshooting.com says is to clear cmos in the mobo manual is for something else. And removing the battery doesnt do it either. It seems to reset itself now and again which is wierd as hell, like if it wont boot at a setting it resets to default and boots with that. Do you think it would be worth reflashing the bios?

try holding down the insert key when booting, that sets everything to fail-safe defaults on most mobos.

Which two bridges did you cut?

Neway im off, gotta be up for college i at 9 tomorow. :(

Well 17x is the first two L3 bridges cut (from the left accross).
And 18 and 23 are both related to each other in some kind of logic gate. ie if you select 18, its changes to 23 in a certain circumstance(dont ask me what)

Yeh you should read the thread called "workarounds for inaccesible multiplier ranges" in this forum if you havent seen it its pretty in depth stuff. The guy who wrote that is trying to help but hes stuck as well. Oh yeh I tried the insert on boot thing and it didnt work and neither did reflashing the bios. Poop. I might try putting the old bios back on.

Back