• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What VGS Chipset Fan for MX card? Orb? Abit. i dunno?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billstuck

I never thought I'd overclock my video card, but I need to get more cooling then the passive heat sink provides. What is a good Video Card cooling fan for the G4MX440?

Thanks

or you could get one of those zalman passive coolers on it and have a really quiet fan blow air over it. And if the case is the one in your avatar, that side intake would do just fine with the zalman.

They put passive sinks on a G4 MMX440? My old PNY 440 has an active with a small heatsink?

Ffats said:
They put passive sinks on a G4 MMX440? My old PNY 440 has an active with a small heatsink?

Yea it stinks. I checked the manual and they picture 2 versions of the card. Version 1 has the fan and version 2 (mine) has the RAM spaced out and a passive sink.

I have no idea why they did that.

I think My MX420 doesn't even have a heatsink. I know for a fact that My Geforce 2 MX in my other computer doesn't have any type of cooling.

Jawadali said:
I think My MX420 doesn't even have a heatsink. I know for a fact that My Geforce 2 MX in my other computer doesn't have any type of cooling.

my gf2 has an active heatsink... lol

you could epoxy an old heatsink to it also... go look in the video card gallery section

Jawadali said:

I'm quite positive that your cards would have a heatsink. They still put out amounts of heat that could damage itself.

Maybe, I haven't really looked at my Geforce 4 MX420. But I am positive that my Geforce 2 MX does not have a heatsink.

Well I bought the Thermaltake Coolmod kit for GF4 cards but it didn't fit my card. Ti Only.

So I found an old little fan and screwed it down it on the passive heat sink the MX had. Also added some Artic Silver.

Then I found an old Celeron 700mhz CPU sink and chopped it in half and stuck it on my RAM.

I'm going see if my overclock goes any higher now.

fb201b13.jpg

fb201b11.jpg

Back