• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone use a 120mm exhaust fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

i'm thinking of using my 120mm xinrullian (? cfm's) for an exhaust fan since i don't have any room in the from of my case to use it for intake...i already have 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans, if you count the psu, which i usually don't....any thoughts/ideas? thanks.

On my case, replacing the dual 80's on the back witha 120 would be messy. I'd have to patch part of one of the holes from an 80. Get a hole saw and put a blower up top. You'd be exhausting from the highest point which is good cause heat rises (duh :)) After that, get a side panel duct and you're about as far as case cooling goes. You could get extreme, but thats just too muich noise.

I will be using 120mm fans for intake and exhaust as soon as my LX-6A19 comes. Like Fushyuguru said, they give good airflow at nice sound levels.

i would've liked to have used it on top but i don't have room unless i mount it on top of the case but i want to keep from doing that...i guess exhaust it is...thanks for the help, tho...

I use two 120mm fans for intake and exhaust and they're great. They move a lot of air and they are really quiet, especially since they are papst fans. :)

well, i did it...and cut a lower whole in the front of my case, too....case temps went from 28C to 21C at idle....and added the 70mm SF2 instead of my tmd fan....load cpu temp now 52C, before 60C...but the damn thing is at full tilt...i can adjust it tho, so no big deal....

I like 120's as blowholes. Great airflow and quiet if you can vary the speed. Great idea.

mod pics

1063078007_side_antec.jpg

side window (factory)

1063077888_P1010009.jpg

front intakes

1063077938_P1010008.jpg

120mm exhaust fan cut out...need to smoothen it out and add a grill

Omg that is nice jar!! what temps do you get? I have the same case and at 1.7vcore I get case temps in the high 30's and CPU at high 4i0's

pik4chu said:

hm a mr. coffee, coffee thermous/mug and a bottle of denatured alcohol... been busy? :p

lol, that's funny. i love coffee, and i admit to being addicted to it as well, and as for the rubbing alcohol, i usually have a few bottles around for cleaning cpu's, heatsinks, and anything else that needs a good cleaning. it's great stuff, and cheap too.

:D

by any chance, did you notice there was also a pc case with modded fans on top? lol....;)

gogetadbl said:
Omg that is nice jar!! what temps do you get? I have the same case and at 1.7vcore I get case temps in the high 30's and CPU at high 4i0's

46C idle/54C load @ 1.8V....before it was much hotter....case temps are 24C idle/27-28C load

Back