• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon64 e-mail from AMD...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBJGH

Only 64 people will have the chance to purchase this package, which will include:

The highest performance AMD Athlon™ 64 processor, a top-of-the-line NVIDIA nForce3 Pro powered motherboard, and 1GB (2x512MB) of DDR400 memory from Kingston Technology.
Tickets to the invitation-only AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor Launch Event on Sept. 23, 2003.
Unprecedented access to this event, the AMD64 technology, and the masterminds behind it.
All-expense paid travel & accommodations for the event. (see site for full details.)
It’s true. Starting today, and continuing for 8 days, eight packages per day will be available for the purchase price of $640—less than the cost of the chip alone. But once these 64 are gone, they’re gone. You must hurry! (Feeling lucky? You could try to instantly win one of 5,000 other prizes instead.)

You must prove yourself worthy by entering our vault at designated times and passing two tests to earn your place. The first vault opening will occur between 4pm and 5pm Eastern time. You must register on www.area-64.com in order to take part, and once you do you’ll receive daily updates from us to alert you every time the vault opens.

Will you join the 64? Click here to begin your test or visit area-64.com now.

To unsubscribe from this list and opt out of future emails from AMD, click here.

© 2003 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Athlon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.

Ya I got one too too bad I work third shift and thats in the middle of when I sleep :cry:
To win you need to play Simon says with green lights (in the vault / 14 levels) I beat it the first time so its not to bad but it has to be done at the right time 5-6 and you will also have to give them a valid credit card as well there is a practice thing at the 64 link above if you look for it ;)
PS this thread should probably be moved too the cyber deals

Last edited:
Here are the full Rules:
AMD AREA-64 Package Purchase
Terms & Conditions
Void where prohibited. AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor Launch Event All Access Packages (the “Package”) are available for purchase daily from 9/08/03 through 9/15/03 (“Program Period”). Approximately 8 packages will be available each day during the Program Period. Packages are available to purchase for $640.00 US/$889.00 CAN. To be eligible to participate in the purchase program you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, age 18 or older, or a Canadian resident over the age of majority in your province of residence, and must hold a valid credit card. To make a purchase, visit www.area-64.com during the Program Period and follow the directions on the site to complete all required registration information. Each day, visit the site; complete the pattern recognition sequence (Easy I did it first time), and answer two (2) technology-based knowledge questions to gain access to the Launch Event All Access Packages available for purchase that day. You may participate as often as you wish until you complete the sequence and answer the questions correctly, or until the Packages available for that day have been purchased. Packages are available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis. You may participate each day, but may purchase only one package during the Program Period. All purchases are subject to verification of credit card information and eligibility. Participants must meet all eligibility requirements as outlined to participate.

The Package includes: 3-night/4-day trip for two to San Francisco, CA from the major airport nearest participant’s home on September 21-24, 2003 as well as participation (for the purchaser of the Package only) in the All Access event on September 22, 2003. Package also includes an AMD Athlon 64 processor, Asus desktop motherboard and 1GB DDR400 memory. Purchasers must be willing and able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or the travel/event portion of the package will be forfeited. In the event the airport closest to the purchaser’s home is in the San Francisco metropolitan area, Package will not include air transportation and no other substitution or compensation will be provided. In the event that the All Access event does not take place as scheduled, for reasons such as, but not limited to, cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, or for any reason beyond the control of the Sponsor, or if purchaser is unable to attend the event, Package will be limited to the trip and merchandise only and no substitution of the event portion of the Package will be provided. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for two to San Francisco from a major commercial airport, or major international airport, nearest purchaser’s home; hotel accommodations, double occupancy; ground transportation; selected meals and activities. Total Package ARV: $4223.00 (US)/$5869.00 (CAN). Actual value may vary based on air transportation fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply. Travel details and availability are subject to change. Participant and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. All travel arrangements must be made through a travel agent designated by the Sponsor.

All transportation, taxes, gratuities, charges, room service, service charges, meals and other expenses not specified as part of the trip package are the responsibility of the participant. The Package is non-transferable. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No cancellations will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or postpone this offer at any time and within its sole discretion by posting a notice at www.area-64.com. The Package is subject to all additional terms applicable to acceptance and use of the Package, including, without limitation, any terms and conditions or waiver or release agreements required by AMD or travel service providers, restrictions set forth on event/travel tickets, and rules imposed by event sites/venues or travel service providers.

WINNERS AND GUESTS, BY PARTICIPATING, RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS AGENCIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY AND ALL COMPONENTS OF THE AMD ATHLON 64 PROCESSOR LAUNCH EVENT ALL ACCESS PACKAGE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY RELATED ACTIVITY, OR PARTICPATION IN THE PROMOTION. OTHER THAN ANY APPLICABLE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY POSSIBLY PROVIDED BY THE APPLICABLE MANUFACTURER, ALL PARTS OF THE PACKAGE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND AS TO ITS OPERABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO WINNERS AND/OR GUESTS FOR ANY INDIRECT AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY AND ALL COMPONENTS OF THE AMD ATHLON 64 PROCESSOR LAUNCH EVENT ALL ACCESS PACKAGE.

Participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this game, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the game or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Courts for the Northern District of California (San Jose Division) or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this game but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A.

Sponsor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, P.O. Box 3453, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3453.

© 2003 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Athlon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.

bugger.....I wish I had 640 and that I could afford to miss 3 days of class.

Although 640 may be worth it for the non-travel related prizes, I still can't afford it, lol.......

http://www.tbreak.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19317

from what it looks like, my puny geforce3 will choke the hell out of that system, heh. I've been waiting for the 9900 to come out so I can buy a 9800pro for a decent price....if I spend 640 on a new mobo, ram, and chip, then I would kinda be screwed, heh....

and I wonder how laggy that site will be, heh.

Well, a minute left....mayhaps I will give it a try, but I'm sure that I won't be buying anything, heh.

Ya, I got an email too, but unfortunetly, I won't be 18 until the end of Nov. Oh well, hopefully they'll have an AMD event next year.

cuz its amd wont scam you... it'll be bad for their PR.. plus you know the 3 items they're giving away is worth way more than 640 dollars... the trip is just gravy on top of the hardware =d

I didn't win the trip but they still have daily drawings on a one click win or lose type game... I won a hat today ( :bday: ) but they are also giving out CPUs as well

Back