• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Bios Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rob82UK

I've got a P4P800 (non deluxe) with a P4 2.4C cpu. I can run at 3.2ghz (12x266MHz) at stock cpu volts but cannot get any further. My ram (2x samsung 2700 512mb) will run at 5:4 (212mhz) and i've tried using the 2:3 ratio to make sure the ram is not holding it back.

The only bios settings i have changed is the fsb (also tried upping the cpu voltage but this didn't help). Are there any settings in the bios to help me squeeze a few extra mhz out of the board? I am using the 1009 bios, would changing to 1008 help?

Also the northbridge heatsink gets very hot (hotter than the cpu heatsink) so will adding a fan to it make any difference?

Thanks

Turn off spread spectrum and ICH delayed transaction. Both of those can hinder your overclock. Also, disable your serial and parallel ports if you aren't using them.

It sure wouldn't hurt to put some active cooling on the northbridge. I just shimmied a 60 mm fan between the HSF and the back of the video card. It works great for me.

Turn off all the onboard devices that you don't use.
No PAT.
In my experience 1009 sucks. I'm using 1010 is success. I've never used 1008.004 just because my system is stable right where it is... However, I hear this is the bios to use right now.

Hi,

Facing exactly the same problem - getting stuck at 266 MHz FSB at stock, raising volts doesn't help getting higher.

Also using 1009 BIOS. My RAM is DDR400, so running at 5:4. Tried with 3:2 settings, no luck. Northbridge is not hot.

Lemme know if you've can get higher; I'm stumped.

BTW - what is the FPO # of your CPU and what is the country?

Z_oc said:
Hi,

Facing exactly the same problem - getting stuck at 266 MHz FSB at stock, raising volts doesn't help getting higher.

Also using 1009 BIOS. My RAM is DDR400, so running at 5:4. Tried with 3:2 settings, no luck. Northbridge is not hot.

Lemme know if you've can get higher; I'm stumped.

BTW - what is the FPO # of your CPU and what is the country?

My CPU's FPO number is: 7320A240 Phillipines

I've updated to the 1010 bios and It's got my to 3.27ghz. I also took one of the sticks of ram out and then I could run it at 3.32ghz. I've found out that the AGP voltage setting in the bios also controls the chipset voltage. The temperature in the uk has gone down to 25ºC from the low 30s which also helps.

I had 1009 in my board as well, flashed to 1008, and all is well/ running a 2.8c @ 3502 250fsb at the moment, Do Not run in auto with the main memory options, I still have ich enabled, but spread spectrum is disabled. Running 5/4 of course at 2326 timings with Pc3500 Mushkin level 2

Guys,

Got my P4 2.4C upto 3.27 but then presto...

I keep getting "New CPU Detected" everytime I cold boot at even 3.0 GHz.

Have the electrons migrated :) ? The CPU has konked out of OC territory? Didn't up the volts much - only 1.6 GHz

Now waiting for a Malay chip - though most probaly this "country" thing is bogus....

Sounds like your cpu is peeved at you :) I think the Country of origin is a nothing as well, I used to swear by "Malay", until I found out thats only where they are packaged.... Running a Costa Rica now, with good results. I have found in the past, that once a cpu acieves its max, and starts heading down/ it''ll never Go where it did again :(

Back