• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Memory for P4P800 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NS13Stinger

What do you guys feel is the best memory for my P4P800 Deluxe. Since the motherboard can handle DDR400 then I should start with PC3200 or higher, right? What brand do you suggest? I've looked at Cosair, Kingston, Geil (read bad reviews on this one) and OCZ.

Right now, I'm using 2 sticks of Cosair PC2700 512MB DDR333 which I used in my old motherboard (Gigabyte GA-8IEXP).

Any input/advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

(Edit) Also, is it necessary to buy the "matched pair"? Like Cosair sells the TwinPack. Or can I purchase 2 seperate sticks just as long as they are identical?

Last edited:
I'm using Kingston Hyper-X pc3500 (2) 256MB sticks.
This ram has done well for me.
Plus I got it on sale so, I ended up saving a good amount of money. Check Best Buy for their mail in rebates. I saved $32.00 doing that.
If none of that interests you, the heat spreaders are this electric blue... Looks pretty cool. ;)

Hey ge0rge. I see you have the 2.4C CPU. Would that happen to be the 800FSB one? I just ordered that same CPU today. I should have it by next week. I'm going to pair it with either the Kingston memory you mentioned or the OCZ Gold PC3700. Not sure if I want just a single 512MB stick, 2 x 256MB sticks or 2 x 512MB sticks. Man!! Decisions, decisions...;)

(making sure Wife is not looking over my shoulder...she may get UPSET!!!)

NS13Stinger said:
Not sure if I want just a single 512MB stick, 2 x 256MB sticks or 2 x 512MB sticks. Man!! Decisions, decisions...;)

You will want to get two sticks if you want to take advantage of duel channel. And I cannot think of any reason why you wouldn't!

ge0rge said:
Yeah, thats the 2.4C 800FSB. Sorry. :)

Cool. Mind if I ask your BIOS version and settings? Once I get my memory (PC3500), I have the same motherboard CPU and video card as you and I would like to overclock my CPU over 3 gig.

Shoot a PM my way if you don't mind.:)

I'm using Kingston Hyper-X pc3500 (2) 256MB sticks.
Second that. I used HyperX PC 3200, does well too. In 5:4 on 250 MHz FSB does almost as good as GEIL PC 4000 on 1:1.
I tried with 4 sticks together but that crashes.
GEIL works fine as well.
I'll try today Kingston Value Ram PC 3200 and will report that.

Just don't waste money on OCZ, despite the hype you won't see bandwidth increase, only synthetic Sandra scores go up, but in the real world nothing much to notice.

i got that with hyperx pc3200 @ 255 and it ran fine but that was the limit at 5:4 ratio. however if i enabled MAM or performance mode to Turbo it would crash.

Sandra memory scores were the same as @220fsb at 1:1 ration with MAM and Turbo.

also this memory for some reason doesnt like too much voltage. i got memtest errors when i was at high voltage it works fine at 2.65v though.

all on 2.5 4 4 8 4

however there is a major benefit i think to running @ 5:4 without mam enabled because when i start up and run sandra memory bandwidth for both 220fsb 1:1 and 252fsb @5:4 i get around 4500+ memory bandwidth but after running some applications then rerunning sandra my scores stay the same with the fsb @ 252 5L4 but go down to 3200 with fsb@220 1:1 mam and turbo enabled

Last edited:
I´m running my A-Data PC4000 280 1:1 ratio with this board and they are running excellent..I´ve got 2*256MB and could probably go higher but the 2.85 vdimm is stopping me since the a-data loves high voltages..

Back