• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sweet mother of god, New swifty heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
""Now YOU can have your own porcupine(sp) in your computer! quills and all. limited quantities so act now! Limited edition!""

that thing sticks on THE LUGS! Its like having an SLK-800 and a half on your proc... if you stand your case up the socket will be ripped from the mobo it almost looks like!

maybe...but if it was all copper i would probably stress even the p4 heatspreader.. or at least dare it to make uneven contact..... we're going to need some stronger heatsink mounts in a while....

Update.. just ordered one of these bad boys at heatsinkfactory.com, $58 with shipping. I'm going to mount it on my P4 [email protected] with a Panaflo 92mm 57cfm fan and see what kind of difference I get between that and an SLK900A. I have an adapter bracket that allows the use of socket 462/370 HSF's on P4's, so no ripping out the mobo for me. I'll keep you updated, I'm giddy with excitement...

I wish they would release a version using the 4 mobo mounting screws. I already have them installed.

Back