• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

it's been a while since I posted anything (summer vacation) but here goes:

I got a 1800+ over the summer, jiuhb/ dut3c, and have it at 1.9ghz/ 1.65v right now with my vantec aeroflow. I need to know if the temp sensors on my abit kr7a (no raid) over reads the cpu and case temperatures and by how much.

I need to know this because my 1800+ runs at about 55C full load (no fans) and 42C full load with 1x120mm fan (7v mod) blowing directly onto the vantec. The cpu temp is no problem but the case temp never drops below 30C even with 4x80mm fans on.

I know this chip does 2.25ghz/1.725v np and I wanna get it there. Will the temp be acceptable or should I just build myself a small peltier/ hs/ 80mm fan airconditioner to mount in the case in order to lower temps.

using stock thermal paste from vantec aeroflow package

let me see if i get what your asking.

you want to know how much the digital thermometer display overreads the actual temp? i find mine to be a steady 10 degrees celsius UNDER what the actually CPU temp is. gotta be carefull when i read 36 degress celsius cause i know thats actually 46 degress and i gotta up the fan speed.

These Cpu's can run quite hot so as long as y our temp is below 60 at full load, I wouldn't worrya bout it.

Back