• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q on cpu temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onx

angry games posted this in another thread http://www.angrygames.com/AMD_CPU/AMD_CPU/AMD_CPU.htm

AMD seems to think that i can run my cpu (2400+) up to 85C, so does that mean that if im running low 50s that im fine and dont have to worry about shortening the life of my system etc? cause if so I'd like that 450mhz OC i got on this thing back :p (164*15 @ 2.0v)

50c is perfectly safe on stock settings. The more you OC though the harder it will be to keep your system stable at the higher temps.

thanks i just wanted to make sure because my friends were saying that it would die a slow death (a year maybe) and i dont feel like buying a replacement cpu anytime soon :p

I think those temps are the max that the proc can survive without burning up; doesn't mean that AMD thinks your proc will run stably at 85 degrees. That would just be insane.

Back