• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accurate cpu temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X0d1@k

Not sure where i should have posted this, but what is the most accurate measure of temperature, the BIOS itself or utilities? I currently am overclocking an AMD 1800xp chip(JUIHB DLT3c) on an ASUS A7n8x DLX mobo , and the results are pretty close. I ran Prime 95 for 6 hours and the cpu temp was like 44 c, which is pretty good, but i want to know what is the most accurate temp measuring. Please dont say Sisandra, ive started using it and i have a mainboard temp of 497degrees F, SOOO i dont think its quit accurate, I STILL cant prove it because alt-printscreen WILL NOT work on my comp....ANyway thanks in advance!!!

usualy bios thermisters are like 5-20 degrees off. Most acurate way is to get a temp probe and have it inbetween cpu and heatsink. Trim edge of probe and stick it on cpu with tip touching die. That should give you most accurate temp. You can get a compunurse that does that from www.sidewindercomputers.com

Back