• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E problem after ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigs

Today I was ocing my P4C 2.8(got it up to 3.5, 3.44 stable) just to see how high I could go(I dont want to keep a permanant oc till I get some better cooling or the temp gets cooler around here). Before the oc I was running my memory at 2-2-2-5, now I cant boot at that speed.(something about system boot failed because of cpu oc, but the cpu is at default) Is there something I can do to get my memory back to 2-2-2-5? The memory is Corsair XMX DDR 400 PC3200 and like I said, it ran perfectly fine at those speeds before...did the oc mess up something?

well im right in this because your fourm is at the bottem so if i do this it will go back to the top so mabey someone who oc's can help you im runing the same board but the board is ment to oc thats why it has that PAT thing so i dont se why it would mess up but you might want to ask asus about there hole thing with oc'ing and the PAT sytem well hope you get some help like me im whating for some help in my
chips and HS's fourm so help me to ppl man we need help !!!!!!!!!!

the cmos i know for a fackt is atomatic if you leave it alone for 5 then it ato resets but the clock speed i dont know how to unlock it from the bois its all locked up asus locks it but y if they have pat
?

ok

ok i cleared the cmos, the same thing happens, im pretty sure that there was a setting that allowed me to get those ram timings(i cant even boot with cas 2 alone now) that i messed up when i restored the thing to default(it failed to boot somewhere after 250 fsb, i pressed f2 to use default settngs and i think i messed up the settiing that allowed my ram timings). i could use any ideas what it could be. tomorrow im going to reseat the ram(i was never able to reach 2-2-2-5 before a week ago when i resat the ram, maybe it will help) and im also going to go through the oc3dmark team tricks thing(i was messing with that the day i put my ram at 2-2-2-5)

well i cant say much for ram timings and your using cosair witch i dont use because of asus's recomended ram its not the best on the list so im using the $250 samsung 400mhz ddr dual channel
but mabey its not the ram and you might have blew or melted somhing internally ? i dont know but putting you up to the top of the list worked so iit might again good luck

syberspy9 said:
the cmos i know for a fackt is atomatic if you leave it alone for 5 then it ato resets but the clock speed i dont know how to unlock it from the bois its all locked up asus locks it but y if they have pat
?

The CMOS does not auto reset thats why there is a jumper to reset it. Once reset it will reset all bios settings to default including clock speed. To manual change your memory timing you must be in the advanced tab of the bios and disable the configure ran timings by SPD. Then you can manualy enter the values you want. See page 4-18 in the manual.

I have a P4C800-E Deluxe, P4 2.8C @3.6, and Corsair PC3200LLPT 512Mb. The fastest timings i can run is 2-3-2-6 on mine with pat and turbo on. will not boot at 2-2-2-6 and get errors at 2-3-2-5. If you look at corsair web site they revised the timings on the memory to 2-3-2-6

When the O/C failed did your system go back to the 1007 BIOS or did your board come with the 1010 BIOS?

Check that and go from there.

Also the 1011 now is official for the board, but unless you had problems the 1010 are fine.

Back