• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tired of waiting for Abit RMA - Going Max3!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokicat

I sent my IC7-G board in for RMA since Abit tech support told me to do so. I had the problem of my drives on the ICHR chip not detecting about 50% of the time during cold boot. I know this is happening to a lot of people. My guess is that this is a BIOS issue much like the recent problems with the Maxtor SATA drives. However, their own tech support told me to send the board in for RMA so maybe there's more to this than BIOS.

Anyway, it's been two weeks and no update. I've waited long enough and went ahead and ordered a Max3. Once I get my IC7-G back, I'm selling it on eBay.

I should get this installed by this weekend and will post the results regarding the drive detection problem. I'll run some benchies to see if there's any difference.

As you can see below, I am limited to 260 FSB. I hope I get a few more MHz to make this worthwhile. I'm also adding a water block to the i875 chip so this won't be an apples to apples comparison.

Back