• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many volts can a 1700+ DLT3C handle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

How many volts can I put thru it without it dying on me? I have it to 1.625 right now. I"m afraid of burning it up. I'm trying to get it stable by torture testing it with Prime95. It keeps having errors although it takes longer when I put the voltage up so I'm assuming it's helping. the cpu is oc'ed to 160x12.5. Thanx.

Although some contend that even as high as 2v is safe, after seeing damage done to processors subjected to this level of voltage, IMHO, this is false. With your cooling, 1.8v should be perfectly safe. 1.85 and above is treading on dangerous grounds. Increasing the core voltage certainly will help you, but btw, I'd strongly suggest that you decrease your front side bus, as this is far more likely to cause damage to your system. You only have a 1/4 PCI divider, yielding a 40mhz PCI bus, which can often cause hard drive corruption and premature death of PCI devices. Lower this to around 150 or lower, and work mainly with the multiplier.

But I can't get the multiplier over 12.5. If I could I'ld lower the FSB down to 133.

you can hard code any multiplier you want if your good with the bridges, just search around, there is a bridge guide somewhere that would tell you what bridges to connect and break for a default multi of, say , 14

Back