• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case 46$ and free shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nope, theres no front opening to get fresh air onto the drives.

There's only one exhaust and thats for a 60mm

sure you can use the sides for exhaust but they are not located in the right position

sman789 said:
nope, theres no front opening to get fresh air onto the drives.

There's only one exhaust and thats for a 60mm

sure you can use the sides for exhaust but they are not located in the right position

There are front openings in that case just not great ones. You cant see them but they suck air from the bottom of the case.

Even if the lower front of the face has an opening, I doubt it'll get much air. Like mentioned earlier, that 60mm exhaust is kinda bad. Nice case, but doesn't look all that great for cooling. (i've never liked the design of those side fans on this style case so i won't even bother commenting on them)

You might want to reconsider buying a case with only 'cooling' in mind. You can make any cardboard box to have good cooling by cutting some holes and installing highspeed fans.

Some aspects that may help you to select a better case are its build quality (no sharp edges, grommets, filters), its room, it's convenience features (mobo tray, drive rails), its noise 'potential' (120mm fans vs 80mm) and also possibly the power supply (some cheap cases come with great PS units).

I would spend a little more money and get their SOHO file server. It comes with 2 intkae and 2 exhaust and you can get a fan in the door if you want.

Thank You,
Daniel

As mentioned by everyone above. You get what you pay for. After building a system in a cheap case I will never do it again. The thing what flimsy with bad airflow. And all the sharp edges! My advice is buy a good case and use it for the next 3 systems you build. If you spend $50 on a new cheap case every time you could save money by getting a good $100 the first time. Just my 2 cents.

none of those that he posted has em.. but if you buy a chieftec dragon from newegg they all have windows and are aluminum..

the ones from xtremegear is steel

I actually have this exact case (color and everything) and I really wouldn't suggest it. It does have the option for 4 80mm fans in the front, but all they do is suck the dirt out of the carpet since the intake is on the very bottom of the case.

The two fans on the side are the most helpful, but the fans they send you are junky low-flows. I had one that started making noise, but the other is fine. 50/50 cooling isn't the best.

The rear does have the option for a 60mm fan, but even with a 60mm fan it gets hot. When I was using this case I had an average of 3-4C higher temps then my current AMS case, even with all a total of 7 case fans in the Raidmax case. Also, to install the front 4 fans, you'll have to take apart the front panel which exposes some really, really, really sharp edges underneath, and you'll most likely crack the cheap clips that hold it to the case body.

On the plus side, it's roomy enough to do stuff with, like cut holes in and such. I put two more 80mm blow hole fans in the top just for kicks. I was actually planning on cutting the whole front panel apart to put a radiator in(eventually), but I wouldn't recommend this case even at $46 unless you just plan to butcher it for better cooling/airflow/waterflow, etc.

Hey Captain U,
Why buy that case????

Buy the real one!
http://www.thermaltake.com/products/xaser3/v1000a.htm
I think it is $128 at newegg.

Built like a tank so it can last a long time.
some highlights:
Rounded edges
tool less everything
7 super quite fans(you can't hear them even when all are full)
Plenty of room
Firewire, usb, mic, headphone under top panel
Temp monitor with alarm functions
4 fan controlers
air filters on all intake

Have it and love it!!

Back