• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake X-Blower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiggins

Registered
Picked one up today. Just wondering if anyone has used the thermalright blower on a heatsink yet. I will be trying mine out tonight but because I'm stuck here at work, I thought I might try to dig for some pre-info...

Thanks...

according to the aero7 reviews its pretty good cuz there is no dead spot. but you better post your findings of it for the rest of us

Yuck, Thermaltake... Whats wrong with an SK-6 instead of that cruddy aluminum cooler with a 'nifty' fan?

So here are the findings:

Intel 2400c overclocked to 3300 on Abit IC7-G under load using pcmark 2002 on a Thermalright SLK 900U (had to hold the blower hard against the thermalright heatsink) inside a Thermalright Xaser 2000A case...

40 celsius Blower

38 celsius Fan that comes with blower

38 celsius Smart fan

In my opinion, don't buy the smart case fan but buy the x-blower combo as it's a much better deal, especially if your on a budget, and you can control the fan speeds from the front...the blower is definately better for moving air over my regular case fans...I'm tempted to buy a few more of those...Overall, I'm happy with all my thermaltake stuff but I think I'm going to get bigger and better other stuff...

If your not on a budget, get a really good cooler master case (I didn't care too much for my lian li cases) and buy expensive fan speed knobby control thingies...and good quality fans...like vantec or delta (if you have to run them under specs they are still good quality...at least from my experience) I also find the thermaltake fans to fluctuate in speed....

I forgot to add that they need to include additional mounting hardware...i.e. the same metal mounting devices that they mount the thermal read out too in the xaser 2000...you need to mount the knobs onto some kind of chasis and then the rails to that...

Last edited:
Ffats said:
Yuck, Thermaltake... Whats wrong with an SK-6 instead of that cruddy aluminum cooler with a 'nifty' fan?
I second that. Isn't Thermaltake kind of like the Diet Coke of cooling, just one calorie not even enough. :D And thats most certainly from experiance.

hmm but with their new units like teh x-blower and teh silent boost..they're starting to grab my interest

Will you guys stop the tt bashing plz

Just because all their products are not the "best" dosent mean you can go around in every post that mentions a tt product telling everone how you think tt are crap. You foget they make several good products like the smart fan2

by all means you can call a specific tt product poor but plz dont genralise (or save it for the genral forums;))

Back