• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit - Th7II - raid problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M00CH

A friend of mine just got this board and when he tries too boot the led on the board shows a C1 error code. I Think this a ram error code, but the was was said to be working (second hand system) he has 2 sticks of pc2100 256 meg, and the spacer cards ?? for the other two ram banks.... when power is turned on the coad is displayed C1 and then shuts down no post no video nutting...

Is the ram the problem or is it somethink im missing

The TH7 series of boards take RDRAM, which means he should be using PC800 (or if he's kucky PC1066) in his board and the CRIMMs (the thing that fit in the other memory slots when no RAM stick is in them.

C1 error code.

I was stuck on this one for weeks. It turned out to be a bad ground. Take the motherboard out of the tower, install CPU+fan, Ram, and Video card, then see if it gets past "C1"

I ended up putting small pieces of electrical tape on the standoffs that mount the motherboard.;)

Back