• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best air cooling out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

ive got a pretty good set up but i want the best withous going liquid so what is the best set up for all the important parts?
i was thinking of

slk900u with a vanteck 92mm tornado with some as3
dont care about the noise

sidewinder chipset cooler http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/minochcokit.html

ram:
THERMALTAKE DDR COPPER HEAT SPREADER PASSIVE COOLING

vga THERMALTAKE GEFORCE4 COOLMOD COOLER

and a vanteck fancontroller looking at the nose isolator or the 3.5vr rheobus silver

a dragon case with 92mm fans or 128mm not sure witch size yet but 2 side 2 front 1 top 1 rear
so how does it sound
o this might help

my system is:
IntelP4 (2.4Ghz 800Mhz FSB), Asus P4C800-E Deluxe,
Enermax 350w PS (2 fans), 2x256MB 400mhz Dual Channel DDR,
80GB 8mb SATA Seagate Barracuda HD, aopen 52x,
justlink (aopen) 52x24x52x, fxf nvidia g4 ti4200.
3 80mm intake on the side pannel, 2 exust out back
side fans placed on in line with cpu,vga,ram.

Maybe upgrade your CPU to a SLK-947U just for shiggles and giggles? Other than that it seems like you've got a nice cooling setup.

I'd like to snag one of those Microcool chipset coolers when they're back in stock. What do you think of it?

_Siph

That'll kill that heat. Only thing I can see getting any better is water, so you're on a roll!

How bout a HD cooler?

Memory heatspreaders in no way help cooling, and may hurt it.

Get the Microcool chipset cooler, the thermal take is loud and of generally low quality like the rest of their products.

Sounds good to me but maybe get the vantec iceburq4 insted of the tt geforce4 coolmod cooler

also as said above the heat spreders for the ram are a bit of a waste you would be better off with a fan blowing some cool air over them

the SLK-947U is not that much better than the 900 but it is a better deisign for the p4 so may be worth the extra $

I'm using a zalman cnps7000-cu on my oc'd 2.4c @ 3.2. Temps at idle are no higher than 35 F and at load running folding at home 3.24 for hours on end my temps never get ant higher than 46 F.
That said...and it is so quiet...just a whisper:>

seeing that the zalman can beat the slk with equivalent fans...use a zalman then put a beast 92mm fan on it (mod of course)

sman789 said:
seeing that the zalman can beat the slk with equivalent fans...use a zalman then put a beast 92mm fan on it (mod of course)

A) What model? The 7000Cu doesn't have any alternative fan options, stock at least, and I've yet to see anyone replace the fan.
B) What do you base your claims on?

slater3333uk said:
the SLK-947U is not that much better than the 900 but it is a better deisign for the p4 so may be worth the extra $

its about 1 degree if anyone was wondering:D

that setup looks awsome. and i agree with slater3333uk i would get the vantec.

@Siphilon i don't have a way of measureing temps, but im sure its way better than my stock nb cooler:D. The fan is rather annoying. The sound is high pitched and carries over the other fans. But you will only be affected if you sit right next to the computer. The base on mine came pretty good, the only gripe is that fan noise...

well the vantec iceburq4 is what i want now i saw it its good.
but for cpu hs's man this is a bit though all the slk hs's look the same but i dont know what one to use so can you help me out here?

well the vantec iceburq4 is what i want now i saw it its good.
but for cpu hs's man this is a bit though all the slk hs's look the same but i dont know what one to use so can you help me out here? and im not going for any thing on the ram now just good case air flow

His setup is way cheaper than $250... IMO his setup is fine.

@syberspy9
The slk 900U is great as is the SP94 i don't think you will go wrong with either one.

well water is so hard to do ok so if i dont get this air the what do i do go get a pump 4 blocks 1 for cpu 1 for chipset 1 for vga and 1 for moffets pluss i get a rad from an ato shop but how do i put the things on the rad so it ataches to hoses and i need a moffet block or i cant go whater so this is what im thinking on now

slk947u with a vanteck 92mm tornado with some as3

sidewinder chipset cooler http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/minochcokit.html

nothing on ram or HD there both fine

vantec iceburq4

But i need a case!! the one i have is not good enuf
I need somthing that suports 120mm fans in the front and back and has to be minimum 19" if someone can find one that would be great but if not does any one know of a case that will suport 92mm fans in the front and back i hate 80mm fans!!

i want 120mm fans 2 side 1 top 1 back 1 front
any thing??

aren't there some Lian Li's like that? search for some of those, but let me warn you , those are expensive.

ok well i cant get the chipset cooli wanted it wont fit my board the asus p4c800e then what should i use it has a hs on it but i dont think its good enuf or is it?

Back