• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD cooler using socket lugs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HardwreGeek05

I upgraded my computer from the slow 700 mhz celeron hewlett packard machine it used to be, to the new faster machine you see in my signature. Right now I am only using the retail CPU cooler but I know there is better out there on the market. The only thing is, the motherboard I have does not have any holes around the socket that large AMD heatsinks use. My motherboard is an FIC AU13 MAX with the nForce 2 chipset. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanx ill look into that one, ive read several reviews about it on overclockers.com. Btw in case you havent noticed, this is only my second post here, but I know alot about computers, more than my computer electronics teacher in fact.

Thanx. Im a frequent visitor of numerous computer webistes to name a few, tweak3d.net, overclockers.com, gideontech.com, anandtech.com, sharkyextreme.com, and tomshardwareguide.com. I like to keep up to date on all the new comuputer technology. Im already a memeber to aother forum but its not for computers, its for car audio.

If you're willing to sacrifice a little cooling ability to save a lot of coin, the Thermalright SK-7 is a great choice. Less than half the cost of the 900A with very good performance. Just a thought.

Ken

countermods said:
from a 700mhz hp to a 2ghz custom wow thats a jump well good luck with it

lol Yea, I ditched the old hewlet packard case and got me an aftermarket one. Im not sure what it is, all I know is its a Generic one off of ebay that came with a cheap 300w power supply but I havent had any problems with it yet. The only thing still in my computer from HP is my keyboard, monitor, dvd drive, and the 30 gig maxtor drive which I am only using for my music right now.

I got tired of the slow as hell 700 mhz so I decided to do just go ahead and get something that would be up to date for awhile. Plus what gets most people is what I payed for it. With the motherboard, cpu, memory, and video card, I only have 400 in it. But the 160 Gig hard drive came seperately from the rest, that was 150 there.

Ok guys heres one for ya. How about the Coolermaster AERO 7+. Ive read that this blower type heatsink does extremely well and also comes with an adjustable fan controller. Along with having good performance its also fairly cheap for only 29.99 on Xoxide.com. Any more suggestions.

Have you got proof of that? i doubt the new swifty will beat the slk-900a maybe im wrong but i would like to seee what makes you think is the best i didnt eaven think it was out yet ;)

as for the aero7 steer clear of it. IMO its just a gimmic. I would have to agree with everyone else that the sk-7 with a smart fan or tornado is definatly the best for the $$

Heh I find it funny that people keep referencing a HS that is not even out as the best that there is. Even if it ends up being the best its not for sale so how could this guy even buy it?

Back when the MCX-462+ was first announced it was heralded and many thought it was going to be the best thing out. I bought one and pretty soon after regreted buying into the hype. Its a very solid HS but for the price I wanted the absolute best. If I was in the market for the absolute best HS again I would not buy something until I was sure that it had definatly dethroned the current champ.

best thing to do is just go watercooling. You won't ever have to spend much on cooling gear again.

Back