• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500 = 2200 Speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jawsome

Barton 2500 = 2200 Performance?

I just got my 2500 today, installed it in my xpc, did some sandra benchies and I get equal or lesser scores than a damn 2200. I also have a friend that benched a 2500 in a different nforce 2 system and it comes out the same. What's the deal here? Anybody else have this problem?

They're both the same speed. The cache wouldn't be very noticeable unless you try 3d mark or something. Even then, general rule of thumb is that the extra cache is equal to maybe 100mhz.

You'd think so, but maybe its too minute to show up correctly in sandra. When my buddy got his 2500, I noticed the same thing, until he tried 3dmark, in which he got scores that were higher than I had with a higher mhz.

No, im running 333 fsb, and as I type now, im running @ 384 fsb. Man, this generic pc 2700 ram I got from Best buy overclocks more than I thought!

the cache kicks in more when you're playing games do memory intensive tasks.. one thing you'll notice that it'll boost is your 3d mark

Back