• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E : best drive setup 2 SATA 2 IDE??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Am getting one of these boards in a couple of weeks, and need to know the best way to plug the drives in and set them up.

I am thinking I will run the two IDE (W/D 80Gb 8meg cache) drives - one with the Win XP O/S and the other, downloaded stuff.

I figured I would RAID zero the two SATA drives, cause I will be using them for DV-work.

If this is a good way to set them up, which IDE slot(s) should I set the ATA drives up on, and which is the better for the two SATA running in Raid zero??

Hoping someone out there has something similar, or the experience to know.

BTW (off-topic)... are there any issues with a Radeon 9700-pro & this board??? I am about to return my P4G8X because of the AGP 3.0 issue.

Thanks in advance.

I would put the SATA Raid 0 drives on the Intel southbridge SATA connections, and put the IDE stuff on the Primary IDE RAID channel and in the BIOS change the Primary IDE from RAID to IDE.

I have to order my IDE to SATA adaptors yet, but i will be using my WD 8Mb cache IDE drives on the Intel SATA Raid 0 also.

Sapphire Radeon 9700 running sweet on my p4c800-e as well...Good luck with your setup

Just got the approval to RMA the P4G8X for replacement with the P4C800-E so will be up and running in a few days.

Back