• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Results with IS7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archangel8

I was able to hit a 247 fsb stable running mem 2-2-2-5 5:4, but wanted to see wanted to see what the realm of 1:1 would reveal. I reset bios to defaults and increased the fsb to 230: cpu/ram ratio 1:1; Street Racer gat setting and booted up. I look at my cpu-z readings to verify pat enabled and low and behold my mem is showing a 5:4 ratio, this was also verified using ctiw.exe. I used an older version of cpu-z and the frequency would not even show and the block was faded out. Now the really weird thing is that the pat is fully enabled.

What I want to know is what gives? Any one have a similar experience?

Well this is getting very interesting.

I set everything back to default and upped the fsb, and other setting in bios except I left the gat settings on auto. I boot up and see that cpu-z is showing 1:1 ratio.

I then set gat to Street racer -auto-auto-disabled-disabled and rebooted. Look at cpu-z and it is showing a 5:4 ratio on mem. I am somewhat perplexed, but this may be a limitation on the work around abit implemented.

Any thoughts on why the gat would take the mem to a 5:4 ratio while still enabling pat?

disable GAT leave it at default don't use taht if you want really really strict timings......its made for stock

Yeah I kinda figured that, but my query was more in respect to the effect GAT has on ratios. In that it seems to me that if the GAT enables PAT on 865 that it should be able to do this at 1:1 instead of a 5:4 ratio. Moreover, if enabling GAT forces a 5:4 ratio I should theoretically be able to oc the fsb to a 245-246 without a prob as this is achievable when PAT is only partially enabled when chanigin the ratios in bios manually.

The prob seems to be that when PAT is enabled on the IS7-G it cannot function at a 1:1 ratio. If I don't use GAT then no PAT. This seems counter productive to me, and the GAT mod is looking less and less appealing.

PAT is enabled by default on 875 platforms when a 1:1 is used, disabled when it is not. It is curious that the GAT settings allow for PAT to be enabled AND force a 5:4 ratio.

I am just trying to figure out how Abit did this little hat trick, and was wondering what others thought about the results.

Back