• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIXHB Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x-treme2000

Hi everybody!

I have a question about the new AIXHB stepping!

Yesterday i saw a 2400+ in a shop !

It was a AXDA2400DKV3C Z312103280734
AIXHB 0330RPDM

Do you know something about it!
What potential does it have.?

Thx

Searching shows that they seem cable of at least 2.4 with enough voltage (1.85v), and some claim to hit as high as 2.65Ghz even on moderate voltage (1.775), while other show 2.5Ghz (at 2v). Hard to say since not enough people have reported their OC's with this stepping, but it seems like its pretty good. There's one here at a local shop too.

AXDA2400DKV3C
AIXHB 0327 XPWM

I'm undecided whether to buy this one or just get a DLT3C 1700+ or 1800+. I know the guys at the shop, so maybe they'll let me test it.

There's a 1.65V DKV3C 2400+ and a 1.60 DUV3C 2400+.

The 1.6 volt version is probably a better overclocker, but if you have to spend $, the one to get is a 2500+ Barton.

Otherwise, why not save some $ and get a lower Thoroughbred B.

As long as it's a B, meaning xxxxB, (like your 2400+ was a AIXH-->B<--.)

I don't think that the voltage is relevant here. X's consistently do better than U's; that's nearly a fact. That along with their rarity would make the one you saw a keeper IMHO.

unlock?

Thanks for your answers!

I bought it few hours ago!!
But i don't know how to unlock it. The L1 bridges are not cut but i can not change the multiplicator.

can someone help me to unlock the cpu??

thx

What motheboard are you putting it in? That will tell you if you need to do anything at all. With an nForce2 chipset, for example, it's already unlocked.

Or NF2 is unlocked for 13-18 mutliplyers anyway when running a 2400+. Some particular NF2 boards unlock the whole shebang for you, multi's as low as 5.5 and as high as 18 or 20....

To unlock it manually (on boards that don't unlock it all the way for you) for (only) multiplyers 12.5 and lower, you need to connect the last L3 bridge.

13x 190 (2470) might work fine if you have nice ram, cooling, and increase the vcore and vdimm voltages, but you should approach that speed very slowly, creeping along from much lower speeds with small bumps in FSB and voltage and much stability testing. If the cpu doesn't quite have that kind of potential or if you want FSB near or above 200, then you will definitely need multi's like 11.5 and 12 and 12.5, which may require unlocking.

thanks for your posts!

My mobo is a MSI K7n2 delta with the nforce2 chipset!
I tried 11x but it doesn't work!

Do the nforce2 chipset usually unlock all Amd's with all multi`s or has every manufactorer other specifications?

But i have to try above 12! Maybe it works!

thx

Only certain manufactureres have that feature. Your's doesn't apparently, so you've only got 13x and higher multiplyers. Just try OCing on the default multpyer (15x) or on the lowest multiplyer you have access to (probably 13x) and see how high it'll go. So many of us are curious about the potential of this stepping.

As I mentioned, you can unlock the low multplyers with a simple operation. All you need is some conductive paint. Connect the dots on the 5th (last) L3 bridge. Then you will have multiplyers up to 12.5x unlocked. Only takes me 20 seconds to unlock Tbreds.... Autozone carries auto window defogger repair paint, which is perfect for the job. This is only required for models 2100+ and higher, on most (but not all) motherboards.

is it also possible to unlock the 2400+ with connecting the pins on the bottom of the cpu??

i think this would be easier for me!

Back